Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Oh, Hello....

I'm going to let you in on something right away. I'm a mess.

My house is a mess. My wardrobe is a mess. My mental and emotional state is usually a mess.

I'm disorganized, lazy, and (more often than not) in a bad mood.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally working on it. I have ambitions of being a "together" person, and I plan on getting there eventually. It's just taken me a long time to realize that it is going to be a slow process, formed habit by habit, rather than by one huge overhaul.

You see, I tend to be a perfectionist, and I want to do things perfectly or not at all. So, more often than not, it ends up not happening at all. In fact, it took a real act of will power and letting go to decide to start my blog on December 17th, rather than January 1st. I did it anyway because I'm trying to get in the habit of being consistent and finishing, rather than giving up when perfectionism fails.

So, here lies the beginning of my journal to a better me.

Since the perfectionist part of me wants to make it a beautiful, flowing narration on one inspirational topic, I'm going to force myself to put together whatever hodge-podge of interests, struggles, projects, and thoughts I'm having, when I'm having them, even if there are no pictures, or poorly taken ones anyway.

It's gonna be ugly. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment