Saturday, December 20, 2014

Frumpy Bread

I like to bake bread about twice a week. Originally, I would've liked to have done a tutorial on cooking with natural yeast.

But then, my bread turned out like this...


Yowza! That's ugly. 

I'm usually pretty good at getting smooth rounded tops on my bread, and this is one of the most wrinkly cracked tops I had. 

To be fair though, I know why I ruined the shape of my bread. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the 2 hour coma I fell into mid-day when I should've been shaping the loaves and letting them go through the second rise. Instead my bread got over proofed. 

It's still good though, and totally salvageable with a little butter and jelly.





Even frumpy homemade bread is still homemade bread after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment