Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Crochet Baby Booties

One of my very few talents is crochet. I learned a basic stitch from my Grandmother a few years ago, and it took off from there. I feel like it's the ONE thing I do really well.

Anyway, here's my latest:







Ta-da! These are intended for a baby girl...hence the frilliness!

This is freehand. I didn't use a pattern. I'm still working on getting everything the way I want it before I write it up and save the pattern for other crochet lovers.

One notable new thing I did was this:




I used felt for the sole of the bootie, and I LOVE it!

Now, I've crocheted bootie soles before, but I'm just not a fan of doing it. It's hard for me to keep track of the stitches that I'm on and it seems like they always warp into a fold or a bubble when I start working up the sides of the bootie.

So I cut out these little soles (supposedly Newborn Size at around 3.5" long) and punched some holes around the edge which I crocheted into. I don't think I'll ever go back to crocheting the soles again!

Anyway, there are tons of babies coming in my social circle, so I may just be on a bootie-run (okay, that sounded a little weird, sorry!) for the next little while. I hope I can make enough to get them to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. What a genius idea, Kelsey! I'm totally going to try this :) Thanks for teaching me of your ways. I'm nowhere close to being proficient in crocheting, but Ibecause of you, I have the basics down. I can't wait for your little girl to arrive!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nishelle! You'll have to show me what you end up whipping up!

      Also, even though I was like 99% sure we were going to have a girl, ultrasound ended up showing a boy! Crazy.

      There's still about a million little girl babies that are going to be born soon though, so I'll be busy working on booties for both types :)

      Delete