Saturday, January 31, 2015

Bootie # 2

Here's my latest crochet adventure which I dubbed (oh, so creatively) "Bootie # 2"!



This pattern is intended for a boy, and is not quite as refined as I'd like it to be yet. Still, I think it shows some promise! (Boys are hard to crochet for....just sayin'.)






I took the opportunity to become acquainted with the crocodile stitch, something that I think I might be getting obsessive about in the future. I can't believe I haven't tried it out before!





Again, I used a fabric sole with a punch to start off with. This time I did a slightly larger size and I used a suede-type fabric with a fluffy inner lining. I think it'll feel great on those little baby toes!

PS that stuff is super expensive at $24.99 a yard...BUT you don't need much for a baby bootie sole, and if you have a half off coupon, it's not such a big deal! Now if only I could find it in more colors....

Anyway, feeling glad to have this particular project off the hook. I look forward to refining some flaws out of it and making it even better in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment