Friday, April 17, 2015

Jellomallows!

It's been a while huh? I'm totally going to own it. I've been in a grump, been in a frump, and pushed a baby out of my body, so I'm totally okay with whatever I haven't posted.

Also, in honor of my giggly baby-free belly, and ravenous appetite, I dug up this recipe and gave it a try:







I used the strawberry flavor. It's pretty darn tasty if I do say so myself, although I probably wouldn't eat more than one at a time. They're quite sweet!

The recipe says to roll it out and cut it out into squares or use cookie cutters after setting. I used a mini-cupcake tin, which gave it a shape that I liked (short of going and buying a mold somewhere). However, using this method necessitates the use of more oil...so take it or leave it.

I didn't have any powdered sugar on hand, but did you know you can make powdered sugar by putting granulated sugar into a blender. Sweet right? I might never buy it again. Just throw in a tablespoon of corn starch, a cup of sugar and blend away!

Just a note: I would be cautious trying to make this if you don't have a KitchenAid. I almost burned out my hand beaters making this beast. I don't think I'll be giving this recipe another go until I get a KitchenAid (after I get a kitchen large enough to fit more appliances into that is).

Also, I've never been much of a jello lover, but the fact that there is a blog totally devoted to the art of jello makes me curious to try a few more of their concoctions.



No comments:

Post a Comment